Friday, March 9, 2012

~Behind The Lens~





How I got started.

When I was younger I used to take pictures with my Mama's little film camera, but she'd tell me I could only take ten pictures at a time. Even with the limited amount of pictures I still would go outside on adventures as often as I could.
That began my love of photography!



What I love to photograph.

~Photo shoots of people are always such fun for me! I have a blast going out and finding cool little spots and locations to get some really creative shots. Getting to know and work with such lovely people is also such a joy!
I believe there is beauty in everyone and I love trying to catch the moments when that beauty is shining the brightest!
























~Vintage shots! These are the kind of photographs that when you see them they make you want to travel back to a different place and time and to imagine things as they were. Being a vintage kind of girl this kind of photography is wonderful fun for me!
















~Tea Time Still Lifes. This kind of photography takes a little more time to capture mainly because I have to first create the still life. I collect china and other antiques which I use for both indoor and outdoor settings. It's creatively challenging and its a lot of fun!
















~Nature shots are definitely a joy for me! I love seeing all the new and incredible things in the world outside my door. Always moving and changing, nature is a never ending adventure to be discovered.
It's more then just that. I believe God shows us so much through His creation! Just think, how many times in the Bible does He show His promises and truths through nature? A rainbow, a mustard seed, lilies of the field, sparrows. As I take the time to focus on what He has made I feel Him revealing and confirming so many things through what He's created.
















~Random shots. I had to put this category in because sometimes I
take pictures of things that don't fit into the above groups. Whether it's a stack of books, a reflection of light, or a rusty fence, I enjoy taking these pictures just as much!

















What I hope.

~That through my pictures, you will see and find new appreciation for the truly beautiful things in life.
~That you might find some inspiration to express yourself creatively in your own special, God gifted way.
~That others will see in my photographs the true loveliness of the things God has created and praise HIM!


And Now.

It is truly my honor and joy to share my photography with you!

~Susannah Flautt
Photographer



"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."- I Corinthians 10:31

4 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!!! So excited to follow your blog!!! Proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. More posts! More posts! More posts! (ps there are so very many things I love about the picture of you at the top of this blog post!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww my goodness, thank you both for always being SO incredibly encouraging! :)
    And new post coming soon!

    ReplyDelete