Thursday, August 15, 2013

If You Like Coffee... Part 2
 New York City!

For the last 5 years I've had the overwhelming joy to spend about a week and a half each summer in New York City. I'm Southern to the core so my heart always brings me back to the country, but I absolutely love it there!!
Being the Coffee Shop Enthusiast that I am, I made it a goal this year to try and find some inspirational shops. 
In NYC there are Starbucks on just about EVERY corner. But I was looking for local shops. I found there are plenty of places that serve coffee but almost every single one of those places only served the basics- no flavorings. 
I really had to search out those authentic local coffee shops that are in competition with the Starbucks of NYC. 
I finally did!

The first one I found was in Chelsea Market in Chelsea, which is an area of Manhattan. (blog post on that coming soon!)

AMY'S BREAD



One whole part of a wall was a window so you could look into their kitchen and see the things being made fresh. So cool!




I have yummy coffee= I'm a happy woman! 
(thanks to Eleanna of fortheloveofclever.blogspot.com for taking this picture!)


This is a great little shop! 


The next Coffee Shop discovery, and my personal favorite, was in Midtown Manhattan:


GREGORYS COFFEE


Check out the "glasses"!
They had this on their walls- love it!


The front.
(just about everything has scaffolding in front of it in NYC.)



The art on the walls was really beautiful!


It was obviously a place people really like to come! There was a steady flow of people the whole time we were there!


"This is where our coffee becomes your coffee." 
I think this is just the coolest! It's good coffee too!





"Where dough turns into delightful."
Again, soooo fun with the window looking into the kitchen!


And they don't just make these yummy pastries! They also make...


DONUTS! Absolutely to-die-for homemade donuts!!!


I loved this place! I will definitely be going back if I get the chance! In a heart beat!



(thanks again to Eleanna for this pictures) 
I have yummy coffee + I have adventure + I have Jesus = I'm a happy woman!


So my lovelies,
If you ever find yourself in New York City and you're in need of a stellar coffee shop, Amy's Bread and Gregorys Coffee are where it's at!
I hope you are able to visit these places and be as inspired by them as I am!

Happy coffee adventuring!

Fondly,
~Susannah Flautt Photography
~Coffee Shop Enthusiast



No comments:

Post a Comment